The Metamorphosis eNotes Teaching Guide
- Release Date: July 12, 2019
- Subjects: Language Arts and Literature
- Age Levels: Grade 10, Grade 11, Grade 12, and Grade 9
- Pages: 12
This guide highlights some of the most salient aspects of Franz Kafka’s The Metamorphosis before you begin teaching. As you guide your students through the text, they will explore themes surrounding alienation, familial obligations, and life’s absurdity.
Our eNotes Teaching Guides have been designed to help first-time and veteran teachers open up classic works of literature for their students. Each guide provides creative and practical approaches to teaching the text, as well as rich background information, key plot points, and recommended texts.
The main components of each guide include the following:
- An overview of the text and its key components
- Teaching approaches and discussion questions
- A list of complementary texts
These Teaching Guides offer valuable context and promote meaningful discussions about novels, plays, poems, and stories that have captivated English Language Arts students for generations. Each guide is comprehensive and concise, thought-provoking and practical.