Questions and Answers: Chapters 27-28
1. How did Dr. Stravinsky cure the staff from involuntarily singing “Glorious Sea”?
2. What did the investigator conclude about Berlioz’s death?
3. What does the cat do after saying it’s time for him to go?
4. What does the cat say about Dostoevsky?
5. What happens when the three men shoot at Koroviev and the cat?
1. Dr. Stravinsky cured the staff of involuntarily singing “Glorious Sea” by giving them subcutaneous injections.
2. The investigator concluded Berlioz threw “himself under the tram-car while hypnotized.”
3. The cat hurls his Browning, knocks out the two window panes, then splashes some benzene, which catches fire.
4. The cat says “Dostoevsky is immortal!”
5. When the three men shoot at Koroviev and the cat, the two disappear and a pillar of fire from the primus shoots onto the tent roof.