Questions and Answers: Chapters 19-20
1. Who is Margarita married to?
2. How does Margarita interpret her dream of the master?
3. When does Azazello encounter Margarita?
4. What are Azazello’s instructions to Margarita?
5. What does Margarita do with her shift?
1. Margarita is married to Nikolai Ivanovich, “a very prominent specialist” who has made a very important discovery.
2. Margarita interprets her dream of the master to mean that he is either dead, and she will die soon to join him, or he is alive, and they “will see each other very soon!”
3. Azazello encounters Margarita just after she says she’d pawn her “soul to the devil just to find out” if the master is alive or not.
4. Azazello tells Margarita to take off her clothes at 9:30 and rub her face and body with the ointment, then wait for him to call her at 10.
5. Margarita throws her shift over her husband’s head.