Questions and Answers: Chapters 16-17
1. Where is Matthew Levi during the execution of the three men?
2. How does Matthew Levi get his bread knife?
3. What does Matthew Levi do with his bread knife?
4. What forces the employees of the affiliate for city spectacles to sing?
5. What does the bookkeeper find when he opens his bundle at the cash deposit window?
1. Matthew Levi sits on a stone under a sickly fig tree on the north side of the mountain during the execution of the three men.
2. Matthew Levi takes his bread knife from the counter of a bread shop in Yershalaim.
3. Matthew Levi uses his bread knife to cut the ropes binding the three executed men to their posts.
4. The secretary of the affiliate for city spectacles says the employees are forced to sing by “some sort of mass hypnosis.”
5. The bookkeeper finds various kinds of foreign money when he opens his bundle at the cash deposit window.