Questions and Answers: Chapter 24
1. What target does Azazello shoot at?
2. What does Margarita think she will do if she gets out of Woland’s apartment?
3. What does Woland say about mercy?
4. Where is the master’s manuscript?
5. Where does Annushka hide the diamond-studded horseshoe and napkin?
1. Azazello shoots at the upper right-hand pip in the seven of spades.
2. Margarita thinks she will drown herself in the river if she gets out of Woland’s apartment.
3. Woland says mercy “sometimes creeps, quite unexpectedly and perfidiously, through the narrowest cracks.”
4. The master’s manuscript is on the top of a “thick stack of manuscripts” the cat is sitting on.
5. Annushka hides the diamond-studded horseshoe and napkin in her bosom