Questions and Answers: Chapter 23
1. What is Margarita washed in?
2. What does the cat think is the worst job in the world?
3. What did Frieda do with her handkerchief?
4. What happens to Berlioz’s head?
5. What does Woland say Baron Miegel is being accused of?
1. Margarita is first washed in blood, then in rose oil.
2. The cat thinks being a tram conductor is the worst job in the world.
3. Frieda used her handkerchief to choke her newborn boy.
4. The flesh of Berlioz’s head turns dark and shriveled, then falls off in pieces, and its eyes disappear.
5. Woland says “wicked tongues” are calling Baron Miegel “a stool-pigeon and a spy.”