Questions and Answers: Chapter 18
1. Why does Poplavsky go to Moscow?
2. How does Poplavsky respond to Koroviev when he says the cat sent Poplavsky the telegram?
3. How is the man who asks Poplavsky about the location of apartment 50 described?
4. What is the girl in apartment 50 wearing?
5. How much money does Woland say the barman has?
1. Poplavsky goes to Moscow to try to get occupancy of Berlioz’s apartment.
2. Poplavsky goggles his eyes in disbelief when he hear the cat send him the telegram.
3. The man who asks Poplavsky about the location of apartment 50 is tiny and elderly, “with an extraordinarily melancholy face.”
4. The girl in apartment 50 is wearing a small lacy apron, “a white fichu on her head,” and golden slippers on her feet.
5. Woland says the barman has 249,000 rubles in five savings banks “and two hundred ten-ruble gold pieces at home under the floor.”