Act II Questions and Answers
2. What does Macbeth see when Banquo and Fleance leave and what does he say about it?
4. What was Macbeth’s reaction when he returned from Duncan’s chamber? What did he say?
5. Who was sleeping in the second chamber? Why did Shakes¬peare include that information in the play?
6. Macbeth is unable to return to Duncan’s chamber with the bloody daggers. Why do you think he fears going back?
7. What does Lennox say to Macbeth about the previous night?
8. Who discovers that Duncan has been murdered?
9. Why does Macbeth say he has murdered the guards?
1. He has had bad dreams about the Witches and part of what they said has come true. Macbeth says he has not thought about them. Banquo would like to discuss the matter with Macbeth.
2. He sees a bloody dagger floating before him. He says that it is only a dream.
3. She was unable to kill Duncan because he looked like her father.
4. He was upset and feeling guilt. He said that “it was a sorry sight.” He also stated that he had murdered sleep and he could not say amen when he needed to.
5. Donalbain was sleeping. This puts suspicion on him.
6. He cannot face the murder that he has committed. He feels too much guilt.
7. Lennox said that there was a bad storm and he has never seen one this fierce in his life.
8. Macduff discovers Duncan’s slain body.
9. Macbeth says he murdered the guards because felt they killed Duncan. He was so angry and grief stricken he could not control his rage.
10. Donalbain and Malcolm because they fear for their own lives. Donalbain goes to Ireland and Malcolm goes to England.