Chapter 7 Questions and Answers
1. For what does Ralph long when the boys first stop and rest?
2. Of what does Ralph dream when he contemplates the sea?
3. Who correctly interprets Ralph’s reverie as a longing to be rescued?
4. What do Jack and the boys do when the boar charges?
5. What does Ralph do when the boar charges?
6. Who plays the pig in the boys’ mock pig-killing scene?
7. Which of the boys volunteers to return to Piggy alone in the dark?
8. Which three boys continue to the mountain to encounter the beast?
9. Which part of the beast do the boys see?
10. What do the boys do when they see the beast?
1. Ralph longs for a bath, haircut, and manicure.
2. Ralph dreams of a cottage where he used to live and of rescue.
3. Simon knows what Ralph is thinking.
4. Jack and the hunters dive for cover when the boar charges.
5. Ralph stands his ground when the boar charges and hits it in the snout with his spear.
6. Robert plays the pig and is hurt.
7. Simon volunteers to return to Piggy.
8. Ralph, Jack, and Roger continue up the mountain.
9. The boys see what they believe to be the beast’s face.
10. The boys drop their spears and flee down the mountain.