Chapter 4 Questions and Answers
Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 182
1. Which three littluns are playing on the beach as the chapter opens?
2. Who destroys the littluns’ sandcastles?
3. What does Roger do to cruelly bother Henry?
4. What substances and colors does Jack use to paint his face?
5. What item does Piggy suggest they build with a stick?
6. What does Ralph spot on the horizon?
7. Why is the signal fire out?
8. What violence does Jack commit toward Piggy?
9. How did the hunters kill the pig?
10. Who gives Piggy meat despite Jack’s objection?
1. Percival, Henry, and Johnny are playing on the beach.
2. Roger and Maurice destroy the sandcastles.
3. Roger throws rocks at Henry and then hides.
4. Jack uses clay and charcoal to paint his face white, red, and black.
5. Piggy suggests they build a sundial.
6. Ralph spots a passing ship.
7. The signal fire is out because the hunters have elected to follow the camouflaged Jack after a pig rather than tend the fire.
8. Jack punches Piggy in the stomach and smacks him in the head, breaking his glasses.
9. Jack cuts the pig’s throat.
10. Simon shares his roasted pig with Piggy.