Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 164
1. What sort of weapon is Jack using to hunt pigs?
2. How does Jack know there is a pig in the creepers ahead of him?
3. How are the boys collecting drinking water?
4. Who helps Ralph with the hut building?
5. How many huts have the boys managed to build?
6. What does Jack claim to feel behind him when he hunts?
7. What does Jack suggest will make him a better hunter?
8. Which boy does Jack view as odd?
9. Where does Simon go in the jungle?
10. When do the candle-buds that Simon sees bloom?
1. Jack uses a five-foot sharpened stick.
2. Jack found the pig’s fresh droppings.
3. They collect drinking water in coconut shells.
4. Simon helps Ralph build the huts.
5. Simon and Ralph have built two huts.
6. Jack claims to feel “the beastie” behind him.
7. Jack suggests painting his face for camouflage.
8. Jack thinks Simon is odd.
9. Simon goes to a hidden clearing concealed in the jungle.
10. The candle-buds bloom at night under the stars.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support