Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 208
1. Where does Ralph first hide from his pursuers?
2. Who gives Ralph meat from Jack’s feast?
3. Why did Samneric join Jack’s tribe?
4. What has Roger prepared for Ralph?
5. How does Jack’s tribe flush Ralph from hiding?
6. What does Ralph discover when he flees to the beach?
7. How does Jack appear on the beach?
8. What boy cannot remember his name?
9. Who takes responsibility for the events on the island?
10. Why is the naval officer disappointed in the boys?
1. Ralph hides in the bushes near Castle Rock.
2. Sam gives Ralph some meat.
3. Samneric were tortured by Roger until they joined the tribe.
4. Roger has prepared a stick sharpened at both ends for Ralph.
5. Jack’s tribe flushes Ralph by setting the jungle on fire.
6. Ralph discovers a ship has come to rescue them.
7. When Jack appears on the beach, he has put on his choir cap. Piggy’s glasses are on his belt, but he is not described as wearing his makeup.
8. Percival Wemys Madison cannot remember his name.
9. Ralph takes responsibility by admitting to being the leader. Jack considers speaking up, but is silent.
10. The naval officer is disappointed because the boys did not behave like the good little British schoolchildren in Coral Island.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support