Chapter 11 Questions and Answers
1. In the beginning of the chapter, what does Piggy tell Ralph to do with the conch?
2. What reason will Piggy give Jack for the return of his glasses?
3. What does Ralph declare their appearance will be when they approach Jack?
4. Who challenges the boys on their approach to Castle Rock?
5. When Jack appears, what has he been doing?
6. What does Ralph call Jack that provokes a fight?
7. What happens to Samneric after the fight?
8. What is Roger doing during Piggy’s plea for a return to decency?
9. Who releases the rock that kills Piggy and destroys the conch?
10. Who takes over the questioning of Samneric from Jack at the chapter’s end?
1. Piggy tells Ralph to blow the conch to call for an assembly.
2. Piggy will tell Jack to return them because it is the right thing to do.
3. Ralph declares they will wear “No paint!” when they approach Jack.
4. Roger challenges Ralph’s approaching party.
5. Jack has been hunting. He has a headless pig corpse with him.
6. Ralph calls Jack a thief.
7. Samneric are disarmed and captured by Jack’s tribe.
8. Roger throws rocks at Piggy.
9. Roger releases the rock.
10. Roger takes over the questioning of Samneric from Jack.