Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 238
1. Who is left among the boys that remain loyal to Ralph?
2. What rationalization do Ralph and Piggy arrive at concerning their role in Simon’s death?
3. What does Jack plan to do in order to enable his followers to have another feast?
4. Why is Roger so excited at the prospect of the beating of Willard?
5. What sacrifice to the beast does Jack order?
6. Why will it be so difficult for Ralph’s group to keep the fire going?
7. How does Ralph suggest Piggy contact his aunt?
8. Who does Ralph fight during the attack?
9. What does Ralph’s attacker do to him during the fight?
10. What did the attackers steal?
1. Piggy, Samneric, and some littluns remain with Ralph.
2. Ralph and Piggy rationalize that they were on the outside of the circle and did not really help beat Simon to death.
3. Jack plans to steal Piggy’s glasses to start a fire.
4. Roger is excited because he will be able to indulge his own dark desires under Jack’s irresponsible rule.
5. Jack orders his hunters to always sacrifice the head of their kills to the beast.
6. Ralph’s group cannot keep the fire going because they are so few and Piggy will not help with the physical labor.
7. Ralph suggests Piggy should write a letter to his Aunt.
8. Ralph accidentally fights Eric during the attack.
9. Eric knees Ralph between the legs.
10. The attackers steal Piggy’s glasses.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support