Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 165
1. Who are the first two characters to appear in the story?
2. What do Ralph and Piggy find in the small lagoon?
3. How does Ralph summon the others?
4. Who is elected chief?
5. For what purpose does Jack Merridew want his choir used?
6. What assignment does Ralph give Piggy instead of allowing him to join the exploration expedition?
7. Who does Ralph select to accompany him on the expedition?
8. What weapon does Jack possess?
9. What does Simon call the strange bushes they find?
10. Why does the piglet trapped in the creeper vines escape?
1. The first two characters to appear in the story are Ralph and Piggy.
2. Ralph and Piggy find a conch shell.
3. Ralph summons the others by blowing the conch shell.
4. Ralph is elected chief.
5. Jack wants the choir to become hunters.
6. Ralph tells Piggy to get everybody’s name.
7. Ralph selects Jack and Simon.
8. Jack has a large sheath-knife.
9. Simon calls the bushes candle-buds.
10. The piglet escapes because Jack hesitates to kill it.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support