Kite Runner, Chapters 1-3 Quiz
by McKinstry Rose
- Release Date: February 12, 2019
- Age Levels: Grade 11
Section One: Write the name of the character next to his/her description. Names may be used more than once or not at all.
Sanuabar (Hassan’s mom)
Sofia (Amir’s mom)
- Baba’s business partner and Amir’s father figure
- Hates the children for whom an orphanage was built
- “Mr. Hurricane”
- Chinese doll with gold, green, sapphire eyes
- born smiling
- says, “I think I have [cancer].”
- says, “I have seen old donkeys better suited to be a husband.”
- has an “atrophied right leg”
- His motto: “For you, a thousand times over.”
- university literature teacher
Section Two: Please answer the following questions in complete sentences (make sure you answer all parts of a question).
- Describe Baba’s view of sin. What causes Amir to ask his father about sin?
- List two ways Hassan proves his unfailing loyalty to Amir in Chapters 1-3.
- What is the importance of the photograph of Baba, his partner, and Amir as a baby?
- Hosseini (the author)strongly relies on foreshadowing to keep his readers’ attention. Give two examples of foreshadowing from Chapters 1-3 and predict the events you think are foreshadowed.
- “God help us all if Afghanistan ever falls into their hands.” About which group of people does Baba say this?
- What have you learned about Afghan culture from The Kite Runner so far?
- Bonus: Why is Number 19 ironic in our real world today?
College Prep level quiz for Chapters 1-3 in The Kite Runner.