Act II, Scene 1: Questions and Answers
1. Why does Edmund ask Edgar to raise his sword against him?
2. Why is Edmund’s arm bleeding in this scene?
3.What does Gloucester propose to do after Edgar’s escape?
4. Who does Gloucester ask to help him find Edgar and bring him to justice?
5. Who does Regan blame for Edgar’s alleged problem with his father?
6. What will the King find when he and his followers reach Regan’s house?
7. Why have Cornwall and Regan come to Gloucester’s castle? What do they wish to discuss with him?
8. Why does Cornwall commend Edmund?
9. Whom does Gloucester call his “loyal and natural boy”?
10. Why does Gloucester intend to publish Edgar’s picture throughout the kingdom?
1. Edmund wants his father to see him attempting to prevent Edgar’s escape.
2. Edmund gave himself a wound with his...
(The entire section is 268 words.)