Chapters 18-19 Study Questions and Answers
1. What is a gumba gumba man?
2. Why did Daniel take the gun?
3. When Maureen clambers atop the bakkie, what pose does she assume? Why is it a mockery of that pose?
4. How do the villagers react to the helicopter?
5. Where does Maureen run? What is there?
1. A gumba gumba man travels from village to village with speakers and a record player. When he arrives, a party commences. Maureen's children instinctively understand this, although Maureen and Bam both struggle with the concept of a party for no reason other than the gumba gumba man's arrival.
2. Daniel took the gun to fight for revolution. He...
(The entire section is 234 words.)