Ideas for Reports and Papers
1. Learn about the Heimlich maneuver and how to do it. Report on the maneuver, explaining it and especially telling when it should or should not be performed.
2. Trace the changes in the relationship between Jason and Marceline. What do these changes say about growing up?
3. Compare and contrast Jason and Marceline. In many ways they are extremely different. In what ways are they similar? What things make the two of them so interested in one another?
4. Find episodes from early and late in the novel that give the reader insight into Jason's growth. In what ways does he grow? How significant is that growth?
5. Research the mission of the space probe Pioneer. What was its goal? Why was it important?