Chapters 4-6 Questions and Answers
- Who is Mr. Brocklehurst?
- Why does Jane get upset with Mrs. Reed?
- How does Bessie react to Jane’s imminent departure for school?
- Why can’t Helen wash her fingernails?
- What does Jane learn from Helen about Lowood School?
- What does Miss Temple do that makes the students happy?
- Who is Miss Scatcherd?
- What prompts Jane to start up a conversation with Helen?
- What is Helen’s attitude toward Miss Scatcherd?
- Does Jane agree with Helen’s beliefs?
- Mr. Brocklehurst runs Lowood, a school for girls.
- Jane is offended that Mrs. Reed told Mr. Brocklehurst that Jane is deceitful; Jane is actually honest.
- Bessie becomes kinder to Jane and says that though she knows Jane’s life is difficult, she wishes Jane would be a little bolder and stand up for herself more.
- Helen cannot wash properly because the water in the wash...
(The entire section is 287 words.)