Chapters 26-27 Questions and Answers
- Why doesn't Mr. Rochester notice the strangers outside the church?
- Who is Mr. Briggs?
- Who is Bertha Mason?
- Why did no one in town know that Mr. Rochester had a wife?
- What is Grace Poole's real job?
- How did Mr. Mason know about the wedding?
- What does Mr. Rochester urge Jane to do?
- Why doesn't Mr. Rochester consider Bertha his wife?
- Why does Jane decide to leave Thornfield?
- What does Jane dream about, and what does it prompt her to do?
- Mr. Rochester is hurrying Jane into the church, which is why he doesn't notice the two men outside.
- Mr. Briggs is Mr. Mason's solicitor and the one who stops the wedding to reveal that Mr. Rochester is already married.
- Bertha Mason is Mr. Rochester's wife. They married in Jamaica, and after she lost her mind, Mr. Rochester confined her to Thornfield.
- Mr. Rochester only told a doctor and Grace Poole that Bertha was his...
(The entire section is 305 words.)