Chapter 34-35 Questions and Answers
- What does Jane learn about Miss Oliver from St. John?
- Why does St. John ask Jane to stop studying German?
- What is St. John like to study with?
- Why does Jane break down and cry during one of her lessons with St. John?
- Why does St. John propose to Jane?
- Under what conditions will Jane go to India?
- Why does Jane not want to marry St. John?
- Why does St. John not accept Jane’s conditions?
- What does Diana think about St. John’s proposal?
- What causes Jane to reject St. John’s final proposal?
- St. John tells Jane that Miss Oliver is engaged to be married to another man.
- St. John asks Jane to abandon German and study “Hindostanee” with him instead in order to help prepare him for his journey to India.
- Jane finds St. John to be a very stern and exacting person to study with.
- Jane was excited to...
(The entire section is 314 words.)