Chapter 23 Questions and Answers
1. Who aids the narrator when he is set upon by two men loyal to Ras?
2. What color are the lenses of the narrator’s dark glasses?
3. In the middle of his sermon against the Brotherhood, what new name does Ras the Exhorter take?
4. What does Barrelhouse call the narrator, thinking him to be Rinehart?
5. Why is Brother Maceo so ready to fight the narrator?
6. How does one woman recognize that the narrator is not Rinehart (or, as she calls him, Rine the Runner) after all?
7. Where is Rinehart really from, according to one of the old church sisters?
8. What does Brother Hambro say his son is doing?
9. What does the narrator almost forget at Brother Hambro’s?
10. Other than deciding to use his grandfather’s tactics, what method does the narrator plan to use to get information?
1. The doorman at a movie theater aids the narrator when the latter is set upon by two men loyal to Ras.
2. The lenses of the narrator’s new, dark glasses are a very dark green.
3. In the middle of his sermon against the Brotherhood, Ras the Exhorter changes his name to Ras the Destroyer.
4. Thinking the narrator to be Rinehart, Barrelhouse calls him “Poppa-stopper.”
5. Brother Maceo is ready to fight the narrator because he thinks that he is Rinehart, and that Rinehart is about to pull a knife on him.
6. One woman recognizes that the narrator is not Rinehart, or Rine the Runner, by the narrator’s shoes, which are not the knob-toed shoes that Rinehart is known to wear.
7. According to one of the old church sisters, Rinehart is from Virginia.
8. Brother Hambro says that his son is wasting time with fancy speeches against going to bed.
9. The narrator almost forgets his hat at Brother Hambro’s.
10. Other than deciding to use his grandfather’s tactics, the narrator plans to seduce some woman inside or connected with the Brotherhood, in order to acquire more information.