Book 7 Questions and Answers
1. Whose idea is it to call a truce and have Hektor challenge an Achaian to a duel, and why?
2. Who first accepts Hektor’s challenge?
3. Does he fight Hektor? Why?
4. Who volunteers next and why?
5. How is the man to fight Hektor finally chosen, and who is it?
6. Who is the stronger fighter in the duel?
7. How does the duel end?
8. What do both sides request after counsel that evening?
9. Why is it important to the warriors to bury their dead?
10. What do the Achaians do during the truce?
1. Athene and Apollo decide to have Hektor offer a duel in order to give the other warriors a break from the fighting.
2. While no one at first volunteers to fight Hektor, Menelaos finally comes forward.
3. Menelaos does...
(The entire section is 262 words.)