Last Updated on October 26, 2018, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 218
1. What are Hektor’s options as Achilleus approaches the gates of Troy?
Writing an essay?
Get a custom outline
Our Essay Lab can help you tackle any essay assignment within seconds, whether you’re studying Macbeth or the American Revolution. Try it today!
2. Which option does he choose?
3. Who tries to dissuade him?
4. What does Hektor do as he sees Achilleus approaching?
5. Who intervenes?
6. How does she cause Hektor to stand up to fight Achilleus?
7. What promise does Hektor make to Achilleus?
8. Does Achilleus promise the same?
9. What does Hektor ask as he dies?
10. What happens to Hektor’s body?
1. Hektor can escape behind the walls of the city, face Achilleus unarmed while offering gifts, or stand up to fight him.
2. Hektor chooses to stay and fight.
3. Both his mother and his father attempt to convince him to come inside the walls.
4. Hektor loses his courage and flees, running around the city three times.
5. Athene intervenes.
6. Athene takes the form of Hektor’s brother and leads him to believe that he will have help in fighting Achilleus.
7. Hektor promises that if he kills Achilleus, his body will be returned to the Achaians for proper burial.
8. Achilleus refuses to promise the return of Hektor’s body. He is bent on revenge.
9. Hektor again requests that his body be returned to his parents for burial.
10. Hektor’s body is first stabbed by many of the Achaians, then attached by the ankles to Achilleus’ chariot and dragged behind it.