Book 2 Questions and Answers
1. How does Zeus convey his message to Agamemnon?
2. What is Zeus’ message, and can it be trusted?
3. How does Agamemnon test the warriors?
4. Do the warriors pass the test?
5. Which goddesses help to turn the army back to the fight?
6. What is the sign that Odysseus takes as proof of impending victory?
7. Who is the one warrior who refuses to listen to Odysseus, and what is his argument?
8. How does Odysseus react to Thersites?
9. Why does the narrator include a list of the armies with their leaders and ships?
10. How do the Trojans find out about the Achaian attack?
1. Zeus sends Dream in the form of Nestor to convey his message to Agamemnon.
2. Zeus tells Agamemnon that the Achaians will be victorious against the Trojans. His advice cannot be trusted, because Zeus is helping Achilleus get revenge against Agamemnon.
3. Agamemnon tests...
(The entire section is 292 words.)