Chapter 7: Questions and Answers
1. When did Mrs. Henderson marry Mr. Johnson?
2. On what subject would Mrs. Henderson give direct answers?
3. Who was Mrs. Henderson’s last husband?
4. Who was Mrs. Henderson’s second husband?
5. Who was Mrs. Henderson’s first husband?
6. Did Mrs. Henderson think that “whitefolks” could be talked to safely and reasonably?
7. Name one instance of discrimination you see in Chapter 7.
8. Why do you think Mrs. Henderson acted surprised each Sunday when she was called on to lead the singing?
9. How did “the Negroes” react to the judge’s calling Mrs. Henderson by the title “Mrs.”?
10. Where did Mr. Murphy sleep when he came through the last time?
1. Mrs. Henderson married Mr. Johnson around the turn of the century.
2. Mrs. Henderson would give...
(The entire section is 245 words.)