Chapter 4: Questions and Answers
1. Whom did Marguerite consider “people”?
2. Why could whitefolks not be “people”?
3. Why did the people who did laundry pull items from the baskets to show others?
4. What meat did Mrs. Henderson buy twice a year?
5. Why did whites have fresh meat often?
6. Where did Marguerite and Bailey get meat the rest of the year?
7. What foods were preserved in Stamps?
8. Why did the men take a round bone from the ham knuckle?
9. Why was Bailey not punished often?
10. What need does every lonely child have?
1. Marguerite considered people to be those who lived on her side of town.
2. “Whitefolks couldn’t be people because their feet were too small, their skin...
(The entire section is 228 words.)