Chapter 34: Questions and Answers
1. What did Marguerite think of her room after Bailey left?
2. Why did Marguerite not run away?
3. What did Marguerite decide to do instead of staying in her room or running away?
4. How old did one have to be to work at a defense job?
5. What did Mother say when she found out Marguerite wanted to work on the streetcars?
6. What did it mean when Mother said, “Can’t do is like Don’t Care”?
7. What were the offices of the Market Street Railway Company like?
8. Why did the receptionist first say that Marguerite could not be seen?
9. Did Marguerite forgive the receptionist?
10. What three forces did Marguerite face?
1. Marguerite thought her room had all the cheeriness of...
(The entire section is 238 words.)