Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 207
1. Why did Marguerite not try the games of chance in the penny arcade?
2. Where did Marguerite go after she left the arcade?
3. What solution did Marguerite find for her lack of shelter?
4. What fear did Marguerite have in her new shelter?
5. What did Marguerite see upon waking up the next morning?
6. Who was the leader of the group of youth?
7. What was the rule of the group?
8. How long did Marguerite live in the group?
9. What two gifts did Marguerite receive when she decided to leave?
10. How was Lee Arthur different from the others in the group?
1. Marguerite did not play the games of chance because she would only win more chances and not money.
2. Marguerite went to the library after she left the arcade.
3. Marguerite found a car in a junkyard in which to sleep.
4. Marguerite feared that rats might enter the car.
5. Marguerite saw faces peering in at her the next morning.
6. Bootsie was the leader of the group.
7. The rule was that no two people of opposite sex could sleep together.
8. Marguerite lived one month in the group.
9. Marguerite received a friendship ring and a black lace handkerchief.
10. Lee Arthur was the only one of the group who lived at home.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support