Chapter 31: Questions and Answers
1. What was Dolores doing when Marguerite and her father returned from Mexico?
2. Why did Dolores say she was angry with Bailey, Sr.?
3. How did Marguerite feel about her father after he quarreled with Dolores?
4. Why did Marguerite feel guilty when her father left?
5. Marguerite tried to make up with Dolores. How did she see herself as she went about this task?
6. Why did Marguerite become so enraged at the thought that her mother was a whore?
7. Why did her father not take her to a hospital?
8. Why did Marguerite decide to leave the trailer?
9. What did Marguerite take with her when she ran away?
10. Why did Marguerite not change her mind about leaving?
1. Dolores was making curtains when Marguerite and her father returned from their trip.
2. Dolores said she was angry with Bailey, Sr., because he let his children come between them.
3. Marguerite thought her father was mean for quarreling with Dolores after he had enjoyed his trip and was unable to be kind to the woman who had waited for him.
(The entire section is 349 words.)