Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 203
1. How did Marguerite punish herself for inaccuracy in measurement?
2. Marguerite seems obsessed with a certain food. Which food is it?
3. Why did Marguerite not open a can of this food and eat it?
4. What was supper in the Store?
5. What was the dirtiest of chores that Marguerite and Bailey performed?
6. What had been the occupation of Mr. Steward?
7. Who were “the boys” that Mr. Steward referred to when he came?
8. Where did the family hide Uncle Willie after Mr. Steward’s visit?
9. Why would Uncle Willie have been found if “the boys” had come?
10. Where was Marguerite’s favorite place to be?
1. Marguerite punished herself by not eating a chocolate kiss.
2. Marguerite is obsessed with pineapple.
3. Marguerite would not open a can because the smell would remain on her hands and her actions would be discovered.
4. Supper in the Store was crackers, onions, and sardines.
5. Marguerite and Bailey’s dirtiest chore was feeding the pigs.
6. Mr. Steward was once a sheriff.
7. “The boys” were actually the Ku Klux Klan.
8. Uncle Willie was hidden in the vegetable bins in the Store.
9. Uncle Willie would have been found because he moaned all night.
10. Marguerite’s favorite place to be was the Store.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support