Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 205
1. How many rooms were in the house in which Marguerite lives in San Francisco?
Writing an essay?
Get a custom outline
Our Essay Lab can help you tackle any essay assignment within seconds, whether you’re studying Macbeth or the American Revolution. Try it today!
2. Who was Uncle Jim’s wife?
3. How long had Daddy Clidell been to school?
4. What did Daddy Clidell teach Marguerite while her mother taught them manners, hygiene, and posture?
5. What comment did people make when Mother, Daddy Clidell, and Marguerite were seen together?
6. Who were three of the members of the Black underground that Marguerite met?
7. What is a “mark”?
8. Why were the tales all satisfying to Marguerite?
9. What did all the marks have in common?
10. What belief appeals to one who is unable to compete legally with his fellow citizens?
1. The house had 14 rooms.
2. Uncle Jim’s wife was Aunt Boy.
3. Daddy Clidell had been to school only three years.
4. Daddy Clidell taught Marguerite to play cards.
5. People commented that Marguerite looked like Daddy Clidell.
6. Members of the underground included Stonewall Jimmy, Just Black, Cool Clyde, Tight Coat and Red Leg.
7. A “mark” is a victim.
8. The tales were satisfying to Marguerite because the Black man won every time.
9. The marks all wanted something for nothing.
10. The belief that it is all right to do a little robbing appeals to one who is unable to compete legally.