Chapter 29: Questions and Answers
1. How many rooms were in the house in which Marguerite lives in San Francisco?
2. Who was Uncle Jim’s wife?
3. How long had Daddy Clidell been to school?
4. What did Daddy Clidell teach Marguerite while her mother taught them manners, hygiene, and posture?
5. What comment did people make when Mother, Daddy Clidell, and Marguerite were seen together?
6. Who were three of the members of the Black underground that Marguerite met?
7. What is a “mark”?
8. Why were the tales all satisfying to Marguerite?
9. What did all the marks have in common?
10. What belief appeals to one who is unable to compete legally...
(The entire section is 205 words.)