Chapter 28: Questions and Answers
1. Describe the girls in the high school near Marguerite’s home in San Francisco.
2. Where was “T Town”?
3. What did the girls carry in their pompadours?
4. Whom did these brash girls intimidate?
5. What was the name of the first real school that Marguerite attended?
6. How well did Marguerite measure up to the other students at the first real school she attended?
7. Who was Marguerite’s favorite teacher there?
8. Where did Marguerite go on a scholarship?
9. What two classes did she take in the evening?
10. What made the California Labor School a questionable school in the eyes of some people?
1. The girls in the high school near Marguerite’s home were “faster, brasher, meaner, and more prejudiced than any I met at Lafayette County Training School.”
(The entire section is 243 words.)