Chapter 27: Questions and Answers
1. Where did Marguerite reside in San Francisco?
2. Which population dwindled in number in San Francisco?
3. Who took over the Japanese shops?
4. Which area became San Francisco’s Harlem?
5. Who recruited the Black newcomers?
6. In what city did Marguerite first feel a sense of belonging?
7. Where had the blacks experienced concentration camp living?
8. To what creature did Marguerite compare San Francisco?
9. Why did the white matron refuse to sit by the civilian on the streetcar?
10. What did the civilian ask the white matron’s son to find for him in Iwo Jima?
1. Marguerite resided in “San Francisco’s Fillmore district, or the Western addition. . . . ”
2. Marguerite says that the “ . . . Asian...
(The entire section is 221 words.)