Chapter 25: Questions and Answers
1. What is the saying among Black Americans which describes Momma’s secretiveness?
2. What plan did Momma make when Bailey came home with his story of the body?
3. Where did Mrs. Henderson get the material to make Marguerite’s new clothes?
4. What did Bailey do with the body?
5. How did Uncle Willie respond to Bailey’s story?
6. How did Momma respond to Bailey’s story?
7. Why did Marguerite think that they were going to California?
8. What two promises did Marguerite make to Bailey?
9. How did they get the transportation to California?
10. Who would go to California first?
1. “If you ask a Negro where he’s been, he’ll tell you where he’s going.”
2. Mrs. Henderson began to plan to take the children to California.
3. Mrs. Henderson got the material for the...
(The entire section is 270 words.)