Last Updated on May 5, 2015, by eNotes Editorial. Word Count: 239
1. Who did Marguerite, in her imagination, think brought her pain?
2. What food brought the pain to Marguerite?
3. What remedies did Marguerite think of to take care of the pain?
4. Who was the dentist in Stamps?
5. Where was the “nearest Negro dentist”?
6. What was the name of the Texarkana dentist that Marguerite would visit?
7. Where did they get the money to go out of town?
8. How did they get to Texarkana?
9. Why was Marguerite not afraid of the dentist in Texarkana?
10. Why did Dr. Lincoln give Mrs. Henderson the $10?
1. The Angel of the candy counter brought the pain to Marguerite.
2. The pain was brought by the stolen Milky Ways, Mounds, Mr. Goodbars and Hersheys with Almonds.
3. Marguerite thought of having a building fall on her left jaw or jumping in the well.
4. The dentist in Stamps was Dr. Lincoln.
5. The “nearest Negro dentist” was in Texarkana.
6. Marguerite was going to Dr. Baker in Texarkana.
7. Marguerite and Mrs. Henderson got $10 from Dr. Lincoln.
8. They took the Greyhound to Texarkana.
9. Marguerite was not afraid of the dentist because her grandmother was there.
10. Mrs. Henderson confronted the dentist directly. She reminded him of the time she loaned him money. She told him there would now be interest on the money. The dentist paid her the $10 to get rid of her after she shamed him. He required her to sign a receipt so that the issue would never come up again.
Unlock This Study Guide Now
Start your 48-hour free trial and unlock all the summaries, Q&A, and analyses you need to get better grades now.
- 30,000+ book summaries
- 20% study tools discount
- Ad-free content
- PDF downloads
- 300,000+ answers
- 5-star customer support