Chapter 22: Questions and Answers
1. On what kind of night did Mr. Taylor come to visit?
2. What book did Marguerite plan to read on such a night?
3. Why would Willie encourage Marguerite to close the store early on such a night?
4. What room functioned also as a sitting room?
5. What kind of weather threatened a tornado?
6. What did Uncle Willie read at night?
7. What did the family eat that night?
8. What did Marguerite fear Mr. Taylor might do?
9. What did Mr. Taylor say that his wife was saying?
10. Where did Mr. Taylor sleep that night?
1. Mr. Taylor came on a stormy night.
2. Marguerite planned to read Jane Eyre on such a night.
3. Uncle Willie would encourage her to close early and save on electricity.
4. Mrs. Henderson’s bedroom functioned as a sitting room.
5. The wind blew and the sky was clear; this threatened a tornado.
6. Uncle Willie read the Almanac at night.
7. The family ate soup, cornbread, and sweet potatoes.
8. Marguerite feared that Mr. Taylor might marry her grandmother.
9. Mr. Taylor said his wife was saying “Children.”
10. Mr. Taylor slept on a pallet in Uncle Willie’s room.