Chapter 20: Questions and Answers
1. What was the biggest outdoor event of the year?
2. Name at least two social groups represented at the picnic.
3. What were some of the musical instruments found at the picnic?
4. How were the watermelons chilled at the picnic?
5. Why did Marguerite not bring a book to read?
6. Describe the bathroom facilities at the picnic.
7. Who was Marguerite’s first real friend?
8. What was the signal for Marguerite and her friend to meet?
9. What did Miss Williams say was wrong with Tommy’s valentine?
10. What language did the girls teach each other?
1. The biggest outdoor event of the year was the summer picnic.
2. Social groups represented at the picnic were the Elks, Eastern Star, Masons, Knights of Columbus, and Daughters of Pythias.
(The entire section is 253 words.)