Chapter 2: Questions and Answers
1. What handicap did Uncle Willie have?
2. Who was Uncle Willie’s mother?
3. Why did his mother say he was handicapped?
4. How did Uncle Willie punish the children if they made a second mistake on their times tables?
5. Who was Marguerite’s first white “love”?
6. How did Marguerite pacify herself about Shakespeare’s whiteness?
7. Who was the poet that Marguerite and Bailey memorized?
8. What was the name of the poem that they memorized?
9. Why did Marguerite deliberately jump toward the stove?
10. Why was Marguerite not burned when she jumped toward the stove?
1. Uncle Willie was crippled; he also had a secondary handicap because he stuttered.
2. Uncle Willie’s mother was Annie Henderson.
3. Annie Henderson said that Willie was handicapped...
(The entire section is 242 words.)