Chapter 17: Questions and Answers
1. What day was always different to Marguerite?
2. Why did the farmers stop at the Store on the way to town?
3. How did Uncle Willie try to entertain the children while their parents were inside the Store?
4. What did Bailey play with the older boys while their parents were inside?
5. What did Marguerite have for breakfast on Saturday?
6. How did the children shine Uncle Willie’s shoes?
7. How did Bailey use his allowance?
8. How did Marguerite use her allowance?
9. Why did the store use electric lights on Saturdays?
10. Why was Mother Dear never mentioned to other people?
1. Saturdays were always different to Marguerite.
(The entire section is 218 words.)