Chapter 16: Questions and Answers
1. How old was Marguerite when she went to work in a white home?
2. Who was Marguerite’s employer?
3. What was the cook’s real name?
4. What did Mrs. Cullinan call the cook?
5. What did it mean when Marguerite said that her lunch was in her mouth a second time?
6. What did Marguerite do that angered her employer?
7. Why did Marguerite break the dishes?
8. Why did Marguerite begin to come to work late and leave early?
9. Why did Marguerite not explain to Bailey what happened?
10. Who helped Marguerite decide what to do about the work situation?
1. Marguerite was 10 when she went to work at Mrs. Cullinan’s.
2. Marguerite’s employer was Mrs. Cullinan.
(The entire section is 238 words.)