Chapter 14: Questions and Answers
1. How did Marguerite feel about the barrenness of Stamps?
2. How high did Bailey report that the buildings were in the North?
3. How did Bailey say that one could win a “zillion” dollars?
4. What dessert did Bailey say that they made in the North?
5. What term did Mrs. Annie Henderson use for a “lie”?
6. How did Bailey describe the Northern watermelons?
7. How did Marguerite feel among the people in Stamps?
8. What were the high spots in Stamps?
9. What was meant by a person being “tender-hearted”?
10. What did it mean when the customer said that Bailey had a silver tongue?
1. Marguerite felt that the barrenness of Stamps was just what she needed.
2. Bailey said that the buildings were so high that in the winter the people did not see the tops for months.
(The entire section is 272 words.)