Chapter 13: Questions and Answers
1. What did Bailey tell Marguerite that she must do in the courtroom?
2. Why did he say that Marguerite must do this in the courtroom?
3. Why did Marguerite believe Bailey when he said that he would not let Mr. Freeman kill him?
4. How did Marguerite feel about the hospital?
5.Why did Marguerite’s uncles not harm Mr. Freeman immediately when they found out what he had done?
6. Marguerite compares excitement to what?
7. How did Marguerite lie on the witness stand?
8. What was Mr. Freeman’s sentence?
9. What did the police officer say happened to Mr. Freeman?
10. What were Grandmother Baxter’s directions about the death of Mr. Freeman?
1. Bailey said that Marguerite must tell what Mr. Freeman did to her when she was called upon to testify.
2. Bailey said that Marguerite must tell the truth to keep another little girl from being hurt.
3. Marguerite believed Bailey because he never lied to her.
4. Marguerite loved the hospital and would have liked to have stayed there.
5. Marguerite’s uncles did not harm Mr. Freeman because he was arrested.
6. Marguerite compared excitement to a drug.
7. Marguerite lied on the witness stand because she did not tell about Mr. Freeman’s advances to her before the rape.
8. Mr. Freeman’s sentence was one year and one day.
9. Mr. Freeman had been found dead in the slaughterhouse lot. He looked as if he had been kicked to death.
10. Grandmother Baxter said that Bailey and Marguerite must never mention the name of Mr. Freeman or the situation again.