Chapter 11: Questions and Answers
1. What shield helped Marguerite to survive in St. Louis?
2. What did it mean when Marguerite says that she sneaked away to Robin Hood’s forest?
3. What was the honor system the children had with their mother?
4. What difficulty did Bailey begin to experience in St. Louis?
5. What difficulty did Marguerite begin to experience in St. Louis?
6. What directions did Mother give the children every night?
7. How did Marguerite feel about being held by Mr. Freeman?
8. Who did Marguerite think was the greatest writer in the world?
9. What threat did Mr. Freeman make?
10. What was the first secret that Marguerite ever kept from Bailey?
1. Marguerite tries to cope with her life in St. Louis by telling herself that she had really not come to stay. In this way she managed to survive St. Louis.
2. Marguerite was withdrawing into fantasy; she was...
(The entire section is 297 words.)