Chapter 1: Questions and Answers
1. What town is the setting for I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings?
2. How old was the narrator when she arrived by train?
3. What are the names of the two children in the chapter?
4. Why were they going to Arkansas?
5. What was the name and relation of the woman who would care for them?
6. How did the cotton-pickers described by Marguerite differ from the cotton-pickers depicted in movies and other media?
7. How did Uncle Willie make his living?
8. What was the name of the Store in Chapter 1?
9. Why did the cotton pickers stop by the store in the mornings?
10. What time did the owner of the store rise during picking season?
1. The town of Stamps, Arkansas, is the setting for I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.
2. The narrator was three years old...
(The entire section is 265 words.)