Part XVI Quiz: A House of My Own and Mango Says Goodbye Sometimes
1. What kind of house does Esperanza want?
2. Will anyone live with her in this house?
3. What does Esperanza like to do?
4. Where does Esperanza tell her stories?
5. What story is Esperanza going to tell?
6. What color is the house on Mango Street?
7. What house does Esperanza remember most?
8. What happens when Esperanza writes about Mango Street?
9. What will Esperanza pack when she leaves Mango Street?
10. Why will Esperanza come back to Mango Street?
1. Esperanza wants a quiet and clean house that’s all her own.
2. No, she will live alone.
3. Esperanza likes to tell stories.
4. She tells them to herself, inside her head.
5. She is going to tell her story, the story of Mango Street.
6. Her house is red.
7. She remembers the house on Mango Street the most.
8. When she writes about Mango Street, she feels better and freed from Mango Street.
9. She will pack her books and papers.
10. She will come back to help the ones she “left behind.”