Part XV: The Three Sisters and Alicia & I Talking on Edna’s Steps
1. When did Lucy and Rachel’s sister die?
2. Who are las comadres?
3. What is the significance of the dog crying and the bird flying in the window?
4. What do the sisters say about Esperanza’s name?
5. What does Esperanza wish for?
6. How did Esperanza feel about her wish?
7. Where is Alicia from?
8. How long has Esperanza lived on Mango Street?
9. What does Alicia tell Esperanza about Mango Street?
10. What does Esperanza want before she comes back to Mango Street?
1. She died in August.
2. Las comadres are Rachel and Lucy’s aunts.
3. The dog and the bird are bad omens that predict the baby’s death.
4. The sisters say Esperanza is a “good, good name.”
5. Esperanza wishes for a “real” house.
6. She thinks it’s a selfish wish.
7. Alicia is from Guadalajara.
8. Esperanza has lived on Mango Street for one year.
9. Alicia tells Esperanza that they belong to Mango Street.
10. Esperanza wants somebody to “make it better.”