Part VII Quiz: Chanclas, Hips, and The First Job
1. What occasion is Esperanza’s family celebrating in “Chanclas”?
2. Why does Esperanza not want to dance?
3. Who finally gets Esperanza to dance?
4. Who watches Esperanza dance all night?
5. Why does Esperanza agree with the stupid thing that Nenny says?
6. In what way are hips “scientific”?
7. What does Nenny say swaying one’s hips is for?
8. What is Esperanza’s first job?
9. Why doesn’t Esperanza eat lunch in the lunchroom?
10. What happens with the Oriental man?
1. They are celebrating her cousin’s baptism.
2. Esperanza doesn’t want to dance because she’s...
(The entire section is 194 words.)