Part IV Quiz: Marin, Those Who Don’t, and There Was an Old Woman She Had So Many Children She Didn’t Know What to Do
1. Why does Esperanza like Marin?
2. Why is Marin saving her money?
3. Why does Marin want to get a job downtown if she stays on Mango Street?
4. According to Marin, why is it important to be out front at night?
5. Why are people who get lost in Esperanza’s neighborhood afraid?
6. Why isn’t Esperanza scared in her neighborhood?
7. How does Esperanza feel when she goes into a neighborhood “of another color”?
8. Why can’t Rosa Vargas take care of her children?
9. What are the Vargas children like?
10. Why don’t the neighbors worry about the Vargas children anymore?
1. Esperanza likes Marin because Marin “is older and knows lots of things.”
2. Marin is saving her money because the boy she is engaged to in Puerto Rico hasn’t gotten a job yet.
3. Marin thinks she may...
(The entire section is 277 words.)